Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Snow

We had our first snowfall of the season last night.

We knew it was coming, and the kids were hoping for a day off school. Sorry! We didn't get nearly enough snow for that minor miracle.

It was, however, a bit of a mess this morning.

The snowfall had a very high moisture content, meaning it was a dense, heavy snow. Trees in the area are bent under its great weight. At right is a picture of my car's appearance this morning.

Still, we did not get nearly as much snow as the forecast  called for. (As I write this, it's still coming down...I may speak too soon...) A winter weather advisory went into effect around 9pm last night and doesn't expire until 6pm this evening. It's around lunchtime as I write this. Precipitation has tapered off to a very light snowfall. But I suppose it could pick up again.

This is the sort of weather it takes for me to finally concede that yes, summer really is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment