Saturday, September 30, 2017

Trump, Yet Again

Every time I think Trump, the president in name only, cannot outdo himself in unadulterated asshole-ism, I am proven wrong by the Dumpster himself.

It is Saturday morning, Sept. 30, as I write this, and word of Trump’s Twitter tantrum against San Juan, Puerto Rico Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz is just coming in. This is a woman who has been seen on national and international television over the last day or two, pleading for help, in the aftermath of the catastrophe of Hurricane Maria.

“We are dying, and you are killing us with the inefficiency,” she said. “I am begging, begging anyone that can hear us, to save us from dying.”

Can it get any more direct than that?

The “you” she referred to is, presumably, Trump. And surprise surprise, that cretin couldn’t take this justifiable criticism. “The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump,” he tweeted this morning.

So she’s a nasty woman. Nasty.

I should not be surprised. I’m not surprised. This man has repeatedly demonstrated, with his own words and deeds, his complete lack of humanity. There is no point recounting any of it.

As I understand it, the main issue in Puerto Rico right now is distribution. Nevertheless - assuming you don’t have a truck you can spare, and get to Puerto Rico - I encourage you to make a monetary donation. I don’t know the best place to donate; I don’t trust most of them. The Red Cross reportedly helped Josef Mengele and other Nazi war criminals escape Germany.

But of course, this is not the time for such concerns. The Sierra Club claims 100% of donations made to their site will go to hurricane recovery. I made a small donation. I’ll trust them and hope for the best.

You can Google “Hurricane Maria Puerto Rico donations” or something similar. Or, you can check out the Sierra Club site:

Sierra Club donation site

Trump’s idiocy:



No comments:

Post a Comment