Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Year of the * (Happy New Year)

I
n the years ahead references to 2020 will likely be filled with asterisks denoting that whatever is being mentioned took place against the backdrop of a global pandemic.

All those shuffled and shortened sports schedules, for example. 

And all that death. As this is written and the year winds down, COVID-19 has claimed more than 320,000 lives in the United States and more than 1.6 million worldwide.

The last twelve months (roughly) have sucked – but it’s absurd, of course, to blame a calendar. And yet ... let’s hope 2021 is an improvement. Happy New Year.


Inconsequential as it is, I’m still writing this dreary little blog. Here are some posts from the last twelve months that I have not yet disavowed. (Give it time!)

  • Neighbors in Perpetuity Paid a visit to my father’s grave, shortly before the pandemic became such a huge inconvenience.
  • Vincent J. Salandria A few words about an early JFK assassination critic who made a difference in my life. (This post is actually from a second blog I keep.)
  • Priscilla is Heard This has rolled around in the back of my brain for years. I finally wrote it down.
  • M*E*S*H Speaking of asterisks ... this, like the above post, describes a medical procedure.











No comments:

Post a Comment