Friday, April 16, 2021

Set Pfizer To Stun

A
bad vaccine reaction merits a bad pun.

As I write this it’s been a little more than twenty-four hours since getting Round Two of the COVID vaccine, which as the title of this flight of fancy indicates was Pfizer. (Sorry about that title!)

My reaction has been no reaction, or nearly so.

I was prepared for a day or two of flu-like symptoms: fever, chills, body aches, and all that. But I have dodged that bullet. Aside from the mildest ache where I got jabbed, there are no real side effects to speak of.

Same thing happened, or didn’t happen, with Round One.

The shots themselves were painless. No one enjoys getting stuck with a needle, and they usually sting a little. Not this time.

Scheduling the damned thing took some effort. After a fruitless and maddening attempt to find something at one of several chain store pharmacies, Google steered me to a local hospital’s signup form. Within a few days I got a text that a spot had been reserved for me. All I had to do was confirm it online and then show up. Which I did. Afterward, they gave me a sticker.

The pandemic is far from over and I’m still wearing a mask, socially distancing, etc etc etc. The end is not yet in sharp focus, but ever more in sight. My wife and son are also fully vaxxed and Daughter D has had Round One. I’m thinking about a trip to a distant city via airpline, and soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment