Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ghost Bike: follow-up

Three weeks after it first appeared, the ghost bike is still there.

I wrote about this bike recently: how it was placed at the scene of an accident  that killed a cyclist, on the outskirts of my town.

I took the picture at left yesterday, as this is written. There are more personal items than there were at first, as the ghost bike is transformed into a makeshift shrine for the dead cyclist.

The newspaper article I based much of my first post on said the ghost bike was placed at the scene anonymously, which I duly reported. But the same article identified the supposedly anonymous person: a guy from the local bike co-op.

That same article quoted the co-op guy as saying ghost bikes sometimes remain at accident scenes for months and months, while other times they're gone within a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment