Sunday, February 16, 2014

Swamped Thing

There just aren't enough hours in the day.

Or there haven't been, lately.

I've been so swamped with stuff I haven't even had time to comment on the Broncos getting their asses kicked by the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, in spite of my bold prediction. That was an unexpected trouncing, but I have resisted the temptation to gloat. I should, however, take this opportunity to note for the record that for the next year, at least, Seattle is the reigning champion of the NFL, while the Broncos are a disappointed runner-up. Always the bridesmaid, as it were.

Neither have I had the chance to work more on my friend Joe's web site, which has been a work-in-progress (with his input) for the last year or so. The site is nearing a finished form, but still needs work. There's a learning curve involved.

Most of my suddenly-busy schedule is built around adjusting to a new job. I interviewed at a place in Denver the day after the Super Bowl. I'd been expecting to drive into a jubilant city. Instead, I found it stunned and disbelieving, still reeling in the humiliation of a poorly-played game.

In any case the interview went well. They called that same night with an offer, and I started a couple of days after that. So now I'm driving into Denver each day. (I may switch to the bus soon.) The timetable for getting everyone where they need to be, and getting them there on time, has necessarily called for some re-arranging. Busy busy busy.

Not much time for this silly, inconsequential blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment