Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Praise from a Future Generation: the E-book

Well over two years ago I wrote on this blog that an e-book version of Praise from a Future Generation, my account of the "first generation" critics of the Warren Report, would be published by the end of the year.

It never happened. I'm not sure why. The publisher wasn't all that responsive to my queries. I had signed a revised contract and spent a good chunk of the summer revising the original manuscript. And then ... nada.

But that's all water under the bridge. Now, in mid-2013, the year of the fiftieth anniversary of the event that set this stuff in motion, it appears that Praise from really will have an e-book edition.

I signed off on the e-version in June. As of now, the official publication date is October 1. The publisher, Wings Press, says it "may put it up with an Amazon price special."

For all intents and purposes, it is the same book. A few little fixes are in place, and I tweaked a couple of other things. Several pictures from the photo section have been deleted because I didn't want to pay the AP again (and couldn't, even if I wanted to). They have been replaced with new photos – some in color, some by me.

The original book (Wings Press, 2007) had but one rather small print run, yet hard copies are still available. Amazon has them. I have a few boxes left in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment