Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July, 2013

No fireworks. No firecrackers. No red-white-and-blue bunting, or flag waving, or displays of false patriotism.

None of that. This Fourth of July was an ordinary day spent doing ordinary things.

I went for a long bike ride in the late morning, as I always do on the Fourth. I passed the place seen in the photo at right. It sits alongside railroad tracks you can't see in this picture, back behind all those trees.

I've been meaning to take this picture, this little purple building with its homemade sign about stone posts, for a long time. Today I finally did it.

Stone posts for sale. It woulda been a much better photo with a decent zoom lens.

We were invited to a barbecue later in the day, so I guess there is some typical Fourth of July stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment